Mar 4, 2011

Where Have I Been?

OK So I know that I have been majorly slacking on my blog. It's been almost a month since I last published. But in my defense, I have barely had a free minute to breath, let alone blog (seriously my laundry has been piling up for weeks now, I just need to actually make the time/have enough energy to do it). But I have done some interesting and mildly fascinating things these past three weeks. Here are some highlights:


For instance I saw a hilarious comedy show and chowed down on Mexican food with my roommate for Valentine’s Day.

I flew home to Boston to visit with my family and catch up with my doctor. Got some great bonding time in with both.

I went out to a seriously amazing Tunisian restaurant with life-changing lamb couscous. Then we somehow managed to find our way to an Afghani fashion show.

I went on an impromptu scavenger hunt with my friend and then somehow ended up seeing Unknown and curling up in bed to watch the Amanda Knox Lifetime movie. (Both amazing movies by the way. Expect an Oscar for Hayden Panettiere next year)

I attended the J Street Conference (will write more on this) and not only met some really fascinating people, but also learned a lot about myself and where I stood on some really important issues.

I ended my anti-biotics that I have been taking for six months so I celebrated with my friend Jenn and our two Chilean friends by ordering an incredibly large and ridiculous margarita at Nooshi. Said drink may or may not have gotten me a little tipsy to the point that I was tripping the whole way home (it makes me kind of sad to see all my hard work of building up my tolerance these past years completely gone).

Then went out Wednesday night to our friend Simon’s 23rd birthday celebration in which I was surrounded by international students- which I obviously love. There is nothing more exciting than me than people who know who Armin van Buren and Messi are.

Speaking of internationals… I went to see Basshunter in concert last night. He was a little ridiculous- I think he got some promotional deal with Jagerbomb because every five minutes he would down one and then yell out “Jagggggerbomb!” But he sang Boten Anna. And that is all I really cared about anyways.

And I did all of this while also training for my five mile run coming up in May!

And this weekend is proving to be just as exciting. I am going to a “young professionals” Shabbat dinner tonight with Jenn and because we’re Jews, there is going to naturally be a happy hour before. Saturday night is the official birthday celebration for Simon at the ‘Chilean Embassy’ (a friend Augustine’s apartment… I have no idea how I came to know so many Chileans) Sunday we’re heading off to I-Hop to show off fine American cuisine to our Chileans and then Sunday night my friend Jen will be performing in a Persian dance festival.

So, that is just a snapshot into my life. Next week I have already completely booked up with meetings with Israeli emissaries and flying off to Nashville to do a roadtrip down to New Orleans. Did I mention how incredibly excited I was for that?!

So there is my life. Expect a blog later detailing my opinions and thoughts on the J Street Conference as it was a really interesting event that has gotten a lot of media attention lately.

Cheers!e 

0 comments:

Post a Comment