Mar 9, 2011

A Fail and a Win

OK So obviously I failed with the 30 Day Blog Challenge by not posting yesterday, but allow me to explain as I have a pretty good excuse.

So unfortunately this past semester I have been plagued with the terrible affliction known as "Senioritis". I can barely be bothered to do any work, let alone go to classes. So, when I saw that my soccer team FC Barcelona was going to be playing in a match against Arsenal at 2:45 I naturally decided to skip class in favor of watching the game. I bribed Jenn into coming with a beer and then the shenanagians began.


Previously whenever I had gone to watch a match at Lucky Bar, I would literally be the only person there screaming about bad calls and lazy keepers. Especially since the match was at 2:45 on a Tuesday, I just assumed the bar would be empty. Was I wrong! The place was packed with men- half of whom were in suits taking an "extended lunch" and the other half decked out in jerseys. Unfortunately a good 90% of the people there were Arsenal fans, including the British guys we were standing next to who I kept referring to as Harry Potter.

MESSSSSSSI
But I have a tradition (by tradition, I started it this summer) where whenever my team scores, I have to take a shot. It usually ends up being harmless as most matches have 1-2 scores the whole game. Well yeah... Barcelona (gracias a Messi!) got three goals and once van Persie got out with a red card (which he totally deserved), the game was Barcelona's to dominate. And dominate they did. 

So three shots of tequila, two Stella Artois and a basket of fries later Jenn and I were gloating in Barcelona pride (well I was gloating, Jenn was trying to shut me up before I started a fight) and we made friends with two tiny and adorable Guatemalans whose photo album I will be making an appearance in and a group of Nigerians who we convinced that we were Spanish. It was when I closed out my $80 bar tab that we decided that it would be a fabulous idea to walk back to our friend Simon and Pablo's room.

So we walked and walked and I may or may not have sang whatever words of the Barcelona song I could get out of my mouth and it was then that it hit me that I was publicly intoxicated at 4:30pm. Not my high point in life, but definitely not the lowest either.

So we make it to Simon and Pablo's room. Make fools out of ourselves. Leave Simon and Pablo's room. Eat ice cream from 7-11 and proceed to literally pass out- I'm talking clothes, lights on, TV blasting in my room. At 6:00pm. 
Flash forward 3 hours later when we get a call from Pablo that we're going out for Mardis Gras. Oh right, it's Tuesday still. Like true champions, we somehow dress ourselves and get to Simon and Pablo's room where more beer awaits us. We join up with another Chilean and by 11:30 we roll into Cafe Citron where a full-fledged girls-on-top-of-the-bar-with-questionably-small-amounts-of-clothing-on-and-insanely-loud-reggaeton-music Mardis Gras party is in full effect. Naturally this calls for more beer. And some more tequila. And dancing on top of a booth til 2am. And my sweater getting stolen but me not caring because it was worth every minute and besides Pablo let me wear his coat. 

Basically it was one of those days/nights which I wish I could capture and keep onto forever. I cannot help but feel so incredibly grateful for the amazing friends that I have. We can sit in a room with no TV or lights and have an amazing time or we can go out til 5 in the morning and not remember a thing we did. It's just effortless- and I cannot believe how lucky I am that I have so many friends that I have had nights like these with. Makes me almost wish college would never end!








Needless to say four hours of sleep before going to work.... not the best idea. But I am surviving and only have 2 more hours left and then have to go camp out at Panera so I can finish all my work before heading off for my epic spring break road trip from Nashville to New Orleans!

But, anyways- back to the original point of this entry. Don't I have a pretty good excuse for not blogging?

0 comments:

Post a Comment