Apr 23, 2011

People at Sephora Make Me Happy

Sephora is a dangerous place for me. I am one of those people who wander in, latch onto the first salesperson they can find, talk to them for thirty minutes and somehow end up with an empty wallet and a variety of little potions and small bottles of well... stuff. BUT they had a 15% off sale (they seriously never have sales) and Jenn and I decided to run up there quickly in between classes on Thursday to check out the goods. 

Now, I am not a make-up guru. I am the kind of girl who gets giddy when I see that some of my eyeliner from the day before managed to survive the night so that I don't have to exert myself in applying eyeliner again the next day. So basically, I am really, really lazy.


But every once in awhile I like to get dolled up. This happens roughly once a week. And thanks to Sephora and my love salesperson, I left Sephora with a plethora of new things to play with. 

The first thing I got was this stuff: 

My salesperson, Tyler, did this really cool winged eye with this. It was insanely perfect and she did it in like 5 minutes. I was very impressed even though I doubt I'll ever actually be able to do this on my own. I am going to attempt a less dramatic version (something like this) tonight. I think if I just watch enough youtube tutorial videos, I should be able to master it.



The next item of purchase was an actual eyeliner. I am like the queen of eyeliner. I do not go to the gym without it and I obsess over eyeliner. I am also trying out a different brand each month and am always disappointed. BUT this eyeliner came highly recommended and last night I had to scrub my eye down for a good 10 minutes before it actually came off so it looks like it might be a keeper! I am also one of those people that can be talked into buying anything. Really- I once spent 3 hours in a tiny shop in India and came out with a teapot, a bracelet and a sword. I really will buy anything. I also tend to talk and bond with salespeople, and I tend to trust them with my life... and my wallet.

The third thing I got was more Bare Escentuals foundation. I remember when this stuff first came out and me and my mom were all over it. I think this is the only make-up brand I have ever been loyal to. But I love the stuff. I did end up with a different shade, as I got lectured on how I have golden-undertones and I had been using a pink-undertoned coloring. I still have no idea what she was talking about. 


The last purchase was slightly more spontaneous and my shopping partner-in-crime spotted in and I had to have it. I have been looking (and by 'looking' I mean, whenever I remember which I never do) for a red lipstick. A popular look in Israel is no make-up and then a bright red lip, and I love it. I also feel like I need to be slightly more tan to pull this look off, but I just dropped $14 on it, so I am going to rock it until then. But the shade is called "Red-y to Wear" and it is super red- which isn't really shown in the picture too well. But it is tres dramatique, and might I add- my very first lipstick purchase (I'm guessing the BonnieBell key chains don't count?)


On a side note, but related to make-up because it details how incredibly superficial I am, I have a new obsession. False eyelashes. I knew it was bad when I was having a kind of bum day and I ran down to CVS to purchase some falsies as a pick-me-up. I guess it's better than cocaine? 

Anyways, I never really struggled with putting them on. They always came super easy to me. I guess I have really steady hands or something (another incredibly useless gift of mine). But they are like $4 and instantly make your eyes just pop! And, I always get compliments about how natural they look and what mascara I use and then I pull off the whole, "Maybe I was born with it.. Maybe I paid $4 for it and spent ten minutes in the mirror perfecting each individual lash with a pair of nail scissors". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment